- To meet Jo Battersby, Operations Manager. Jo has been with Riverland Wine (RW) since January and is becoming acquainted with most Riverland Wine programs. She will be running the meeting. This will be your opportunity to put a face to her name and have a chat.
- To see the Riverland Wine Scoreboard. Jo will present details of many of the activities and programs being undertaken by each of the Delivery Groups: Finance, Technology and Marketing. It will also be your chance to contribute ideas about future priorities for these groups.
- To hear Jim Caddy’s current Market Update. This will be Jim’s fourth presentation over the past 18 months. It’s time to review the content and provide feedback to Jim and Jo about those parts of the Market Outlook that are most interesting or relevant. RW is considering whether to publish a Riverland Wine Market Report from time to time, subject to members’ suggestions.
- To meet Peter Appleford, the head of South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI). Peter will outline SARDI’s revised role in the region and discuss how Riverland winegrowers and winemakers can benefit from a closer working relationship.
- To be included in a program that will definitely reduce your power costs no matter how large or small your power bill. All you need to do is bring a copy of your most recent account and meet Jonathan Chee who will secure a better price for you and manage the transition from your existing provider.
- To discuss the main elements of proposed revisions to the Strategic Plan. Chris Byrne will outline the reasons for changes and describe the four pillars of future focus: Knowledge; Operations; Branding and Industry Influence.
- To be among the first to hear about Riverland Wine’s plans to raise the region’s profile as Australia’s fastest growing wine, food and tourism destination and to hear about the partners assisting us on this exciting (Virtual Reality) project with the financial support of Wine Australia.
- To have your say on a couple of new suggestions about how RW can return to the ‘good old days’ when members were knocking down doors, to get to meetings.
- To learn about the recent alliance established with the Murray Valley and Riverina grower groups to work on projects and policies of common interest to the three inland regions.
- To enjoy one of the region’s best hot breakfasts and still be away in time for a full day’s work.
All meetings will conclude by 9:30am.
The (free) breakfast meetings will be held at Waikerie Hotel – Monday, May 21; Barmera Hotel – Wednesday, May 23; Renmark Hotel – Thursday, May 24; and Loxton Hotel – Friday, May 25.
Rush your registration today: Contact Kate phone 8584 5816 or email.