SA Wine Industry Association will be in the region on December 7 to present a three –hour seminar to assist with all aspects of 2017 pre-vintage planning. At $99 per person for Riverland Wine members this is a very valuable proposition.
Topics to be covered in detail will include:
- Engaging your vintage staff – casual, fixed-term, labour hire or independent contractor –
- What are the benefits and risks of each option?
- How can you best use shift work to minimise your labour costs?
- Working hours during vintage, are there any restrictions and what your health and safety obligations are?
- Piece work rates – how do they work and what is required?
- What has changed in the Wine Industry Award 2010?
- Engaging migrant labour – backpackers and others – what do you need to do?
- Will the report from the South Australian Government’s Inquiry into the Labour Hire Industry, change your use of labour hire firms?