Riverland hailstorm recovery assistance grants, of up to $10,000, are available to help affected primary producers with the clean-up and recovery from the hail storms of November 11. The assistance will be jointly funded by the Commonwealth and State governments under the Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA).
Grants can be used to reimburse costs including:
- Clean-up costs such as hire of equipment and 3rd party labour costs
- Removal and disposal of debris, damaged goods (including activities associated with the appropriate disposal of fallen and damaged fruit)
- Repairs to structures (e.g. plastic houses, sheds, etc).
- Repair of equipment (e.g. irrigation systems, pumps, etc).
- Agronomic crop advice to assist in the return to full production.
It is important to go through the grant checklist and enclose any necessary documents required.
The grants will be made to primary producers whose properties were damaged by the storm event in the Berri-Barmera, Loxton-Waikerie and Renmark-Paringa Council districts. Consideration is being given to also including properties damaged in the Mid-Murray Council District around Cadell.
NOTE: Only one grant per primary producer will be made. PIRSA has established a Storm Recovery Centre, at the Loxton Research Centre and PIRSA staff are available to assist with applications. More details are available at www.pir.sa.gov.au/riverlandhailstormgrants or by calling 08 8595 9100. Above all… DON’T SELF-ASSESS.