The 48th Riverland Wine Show gala dinner was held on 15 October at Rustons Roses in Renmark. The event was a milestone for inland producers, suppliers and supporters who have made it through the year with style and recognises and celebrates the 2020 medal winners and trophy winners.
Congratulations to the 2020 trophy winners:
- Best Single Vineyard Riverland Wine in Show (sponsor – Riverland Wine): 2018 919 Wines Reserve Touriga Nacional;
- Best Dry Rosé wine of show classes 20-21 (sponsor – A&G Engineering): 2020 Ricca Terra Colour of Calmness Rosé;
- Best Dry Red Wine Classes 9, 12-16 (sponsor – LAFFORT): 2020 22 Degree Halo Shiraz Nero D’avola;
- Most Successful Exhibitor Dry Red Classes 2, 9, 12-16 (sponsor – WE Ware Wally Ware Trophy): Ricca Terra;
- Most Successful Exhibitor White Wine Classes 1, 3-8, 10-11, 18-19 (sponsor – Multicolor Labels MCC): De Bortoli Wines;
- Best White Wine Classes 3-8, 10-11 (sponsor – Hahn Corporation): 2020 Oxford Landing Chardonnay;
- Most Successful Exhibitor Classes 1–23 (sponsor AP John Coopers): De Bortoli Wines;
- Best Alternative Wine in Show (sponsor – Ricca Terra): 2018 919 Reserve Touriga Nacional;
- Best Organic/Biodynamic Wine in Show (sponsor – Austwine Exports Pty Ltd): 2018 919 Reserve Touriga Nacional;
- Best Brandy classes 31-32 (sponsor – Booth Transport): St Agnes XO Brandy;
- Best Wine in Show (sponsor – Oak Solutions Group): 2020 Oxford Landing Chardonnay;
- Most Successful Exhibitor (sponsor – Novozymes): De Bortoli Wines; and
- 2020 Riverland Industry Award (sponsor – JMA) – Viki Wade, Commercial Winemaker for Accolade Wines.
We congratulate all the entrants and winners on such a successful Wine show under such uncertain circumstances. Full results from the 2020 Riverland Wine Show are available on the website.