The Australian Wine Research Institute (AWRI) will be conducting a workshop Opportunities in a new climate on Wednesday, October 15 at the Waikerie Hotel from 9am to 1pm.
This free workshop which includes morning tea and lunch will include presentations on:
- Entwine Australia – new and improved program, carbon calculator and regional benchmarking
- Climate and the wine industry • Emissions Reduction Fund – how does it work?
- Maximising the potential of grape marc
- Opportunities for the grape and wine sector
- Greenhouse gas abatement in viticulture
For further information, please contact the AWRI 8313 6600. To view the workshop program or to book visit the website.
Managing grapevine nutrition in a changing environment – this workshop is planned for late October/ early November, but sufficient interest is required for it to go ahead.
This project is part of the Research to Practice workshop modules, and includes information about the following aspects:
- Climate influences on viticulture
- Principles of nutrition; organic matter, nutrients and vine growth, role of water;
- Key grapevine Nutrients: the core functions of macro and trace elements in vine growth;
- Managing nutrition, tools and techniques
Attendees will hear valuable information about forming and managing a nutrition program, and will receive a high quality 140-page reference book. People who are interested in attending this workshop can email or phone Andrew , 0439 823 310 or Kate , 8584 5816.